Monday, February 17, 2014

Make-a-Card Monday: Lacy Sunshine

Better late (in the night) than never... So this is one of my first Make-a-Card posts for the year. I've really dropped the ball on these. I'm trying to get better. Thanks for bearing with me. :)

I created this card using a Lacy Sunshine digi stamp. This is the first time I've worked with a Lacy Sunshine image though I have coveted them for a while now. I colored her up with my Prismacolor pencils. I thought it would be a fun change to put her in a blue dress, matching the blue paper, instead of the customary pinks and reds.




I started with a 5.5 by 5.5 Sahara Sand card base. All my Crate Paper's Paper Heart Collection pieces and die cuts are matted on Raspberry Ripple. I used buttons that I got in the Michael's dollar aisle years ago and embroidery floss from Martha Stewart. (I'm such a hoarder.) I even pulled out my Walnut Stain distress ink that I haven't used in forever; didn't realize how much I missed it. :) Haven't decided yet if I want to add a white die cut circle to the inside to stamp my sentiment and write on...do you think that blue paper is neutral enough to write a note on?

Thanks for looking! Hope this finds you happy and healthy.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Challenges 4 Everybody #30 - Anything Goes
ABC-Challenges - F is for Flowers
Lacy Sunshine #27 - Lots of Layers
Creative Knockouts #24 - Spots and Dots
Oldie But Goodie - Buttons
Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge Blog #14 - Sketch
Make It Monday # 179 - Anything Goes
MilkCoffee Challenge - Girly

11 comments:

  1. Pretty card. Lovely colours. Thanks for playing along at ABC Challenges.

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous. I just love this image and you colored her so beautifully. Saw your wonderful creation at MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card with great colors. Thank you so much for playing along with us in our "Lots of layers" challenge at Lacy Sunshine. We're so happy you joined us! Please visit us, again! ~~Sammibug~~ DT Member for Lacy Sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Checking out your creation from Make it Monday! I love the image! I also like how you colored her. The inside is cute, and I would add white to it. It will be easier for the recipient to see the writing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful! You rock those pencils! I forget I have mine. Love the colors and so springy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your lovely card for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 16: sketch - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just popped over from MIM to get a closer look at your card. Your colouring is brilliant and gorgeous image. I would add a white circle on the inside to match the front but that is my personal choice.
    Hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for coming over! I think there needs to be a white space inside, too. Thanks for your opinion! I appreciate it. :)

      Delete
  8. Very pretty and great take on our sketch this week too! Thanks for joining us at Suzy Bee's!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Spring colors. Thanks for sharing and playing along over at Suzy Bee's Bloomin challenge. Monica, DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely card. I like hearts falling down :) I saw your card on MiM

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you so much for your lovely comments!